The 2013 winner of MidCentral DHB’s
“Best Use of Integrated Technology in Health Care Award”
“Following an evaluation of patient management systems used in other palliative care services and general practice, evidence showed that Houston Medical’s VIP.net programme was the most suitable patient administration and clinical software solution for our practice. VIP.net provides the flexibility for us to customise input screens and meets our reporting requirements.“
~ Clare Randall, Arohanui Hospice Chief Executive
Houston Medical is delighted to see Arohanui’s implementation of VIP.net recognised. It’s been a privilege to collaborate with them and see them meet their goals to streamline and integrate patient information in order to improve clinical care and patient experience.
When it came to implementing the national palliative care dataset, it was the ability to customise screens in-house and to get immediate feedback from hospice stakeholders that made the project a success. Houston Medical was then able to link Medical Notes, Living Assessments, Care Plans, Braden Scores and Falls Risk Assessments to create the dataset for Ministry of Health Reports.
- Streamlined patient data collection, reducing duplication and the potential for errors or omissions
- Direct online access to pathology and radiology ordering and results via the Éclair portal
- Connectivity with other health providers to ensure health information is appropriately shared
- Ability to incorporate care plans into the electronic patient management system
- Implementation of national palliative care data standards
- Implementation of New Zealand Universal List of Medicines (NZULM), New Zealand Formulary (NZF) and e-prescribing
To read more about Arohanui’s success story click here.
To talk to Houston Medical about how we can partner with you to make your software implementation award winning, call 0800 401 111 or email email@example.com